Wednesday 6 April 2016

Announcement from Another Star: The Spaced Musings

Having wrapped up my series of Musings on the films of Charlie Kaufman, I thought I'd head straight into another series of Musings, this time on the TV show Spaced! Spaced was a British sitcom directed by Edgar Wright, my favourite director, and was written by Simon Pegg and Jessica Stevenson. It ran for two season of seven episodes each from 1999 to 2001.

Much of the humour, storytelling, and editing techniques displayed in the show were then used, arguably to greater effect, in Wright and Pegg's Three Flavours Cornetto Trilogy and Wright's Scott Pilgrim Vs the World.

"Say what?"

Since there are only 14 episodes and I don't want to spread it too thinly reviewing a single episode at a time, I'm going to review Spaced over the course of four posts. These four posts will review several episodes at once and will breakdown as follows: the first 3 episodes, the next 4 episodes, the next 3 episodes, the final 4 episodes. Hopefully this will work out fine.

On a completely unrelated note, remember how I said I was writing a short novel a while ago? Well, the website for that novel has launched! 

http://zeppulian.com/


Actually it launched last month and I forgot to mention it. For those of you who have forgotten, The Zeppulian tells the story about the fastest and grandest ship in the galaxy after it was stolen by two people who didn’t know how to fly it. 

Published in pieces as I write them, check out the first installment here: Chapter 1 - Part 1: Zo and Qin.

No comments:

Post a Comment